UBC Undergraduate Faculties and Departments deliver high-quality distance learning courses and programs to students. Students can choose from over 100 online learning courses, spanning more than 30 different academic subject areas.
Courses carry full credit toward degree or certificate programs, and the majority of these courses are undergraduate courses. Distance learning courses provide high-quality, flexible options for students who prefer learning online, seek scheduling flexibility, and/or are unable to come to campus. Distance learning courses can provide students with a more flexible schedule, control over where and when they learn, and allows them to balance their personal, professional, and educational lives.
Learn more about registering for a distance learning course, and the resources available for distance learners.
Resources to help in your online learning studies.
- Learner Resources
- Policies and Procedures (including exam information)
- Before You Start
- Starting Your Course
- Key Contacts
- Course Participation
- Using the Technology
- Communicating Online: Netiquette
- Getting Your Course Materials
The following UBC Faculties and departments offer distance learning courses.
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Forestry
- College of Health Disciplines
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
For additional options, please review the partner links to the left.
If you have any technical questions, please email the Learning Technology Hub at email@example.com
In your email, please indicate the following:
- The course and section you are enrolled in (e.g., PSYC320 98A)
- Your CWL
- Any error message that you have received
- Your computer operating system (e.g. Windows Vista, MAC OSX, etc.)
- Your Internet browser and version number (e.g. Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, etc.)
You should receive a response within 24 to 48 hours (or less). For more information, visit using the technology.